Translation

EnglishDeutsch
Image 2 at frame 55
Image 4 at frame 105
Image 8 at frame 224
Image 6 at frame 165

Chronicle of a hanseatic company with more than 100 years of tradition.

2008

Entwicklung der Weltneuheit Flushline-Glasschiebetür für Schiffe. Mehrere Patente sichern das neue Produkt, eine wetterdichte Glasschiebetür, die im geschlossenen Zustand bündig mit der Außenhaut ist. Erfolgreiche Typenzulassung eines neuen elektrischen Schiebefensters für schwere See.

Dipl.-Ing. Henning Fehrmann (5. Generation) wird zum Geschäftsführer bestellt.

2006

glasschiebetuerDeveloping a material sheet for ductile copper alloys together with TÜV Nord, leading provider of technical inspection and survey.
Design of electrically operated Glass sliding doors for Megayachts.
Delivery of the first turnkey project: a yoga room with glazed walls including glass sliding doors and sliding roof. Concept, designing, manufacturing and installation on board within a few months.

2005

Inauguration of a quality management system after reaching certification according to ISO:9000.
Starting with 3D-CAD software Solid Works.
Development of new electrically operated sliding windows for Megayachts.

1999

Implementing an Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP) for production control and optimisation of all processes.
Starting off with CNC machining and drilling.

1971

Relocation at the industrial centre of Hamburg, Germany, close to port.
Development of material sheet 469 for ductile aluminum alloys and fire-resistant ship windows (A60) during the following years.

1963

wappen_von_hamburgWhen buying the facilities of Geyer, Germany, Fehrmann entered in manufacturing windows out of profiles. Fehrmann became the largest manufacturer of tailor-made ship windows in Germany
and expanded its European market share steadily. Ship windows were exported globally. Left:M/S Wappen von Hamburg, 1955 by Blohm + Voss, Hamburg.

1953

M/S Christina, the first modern large yacht, was fully equipped with Fehrmann windows, partly vertically sliding and watertight which was a pioneer success at the global market.

1946

Production of cups and spoons for the employees. They could trade with them to buy food like potatoes after the 2nd World War.
Building a machine factory for up to 200 employees.

1922

Building of a branch office with three floors. After inflation, Kurt Fehrmann started exporting products that have remained to be a major part of today’s business.

1902

When Blohm + Voss founded its own foundry, Eduard Fehrmann decided to manufacture ship windows. Since he installed mechanical shops and a metal work shop, ship windows by Fehrmann have been known as premium products of best quality.

1895

When the Nord-Ostsee-Channel was opened to the public, Captain NicolaiPetersen Fehrmann (a retired Superintendent of the Hamburg-America-Line) and his son Eduard Fehrmann founded the company OHG N. Fehrmann + Co. The founders borrowed land in the Freeport Hamburg and delivered metal castings to the near shipyards and refit shops.